COST OF LIBERTY***COMMONSENSE CONCEPTS

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Women in combat!

Hi my name is Don and I guess you could call me a redneck.  I live in Nevada in a rural area where we live by a code of common sense.  No one could survive long in the high desert without using common sense.  With that said here are a few common sense items I’d like your opinion on.
I may be too old fashioned for this period in our history.  Women in combat?  My generation was taught to protect women, open doors and pay for the check.  I know that my statement will ruffle the tail feathers of the chicks of N.O.W. but it’s true.  I was taught that you never strike a woman or a girl no matter how mad you were and if bad things happened you put yourself in front of the ladies not alongside.  Things like that are hard to change in one’s mind.  I know that if I was in combat with a girl, excuse me, woman, I would be more worried about her getting hurt than myself.  I hope our soldiers of the male persuasion are more callous than I and are prepared to handle this part of it mentally.  I don’t believe that it is demeaning to look at women as feminine or as a nurturer, one who gives life not as one who takes life.  I think this decision is one that we will regret, as I sure many women who have entered the military do so not to fight but to save lives.  I know that we have had many female casualties through-out history and many have had to fight for their lives in WWII in prison camps.  I don’t mean to take lightly their sacrifices but putting them in harm’s way on purpose is another story.  I can understand piloting a fighter or serving on a naval ship, as women are as adept and agile as a man handling these type of controls and are just a brave but mono e mono on the battlefield is a much different situation.  I cannot believe that a battlefield commander will want to send a woman purposly into a battle against the Taliban or any other radical Muslim group, you know in your heart that a captured woman will go through much more Hell than her male counterpart.      

Changing the subject I think everyone should send the White House a dollar so it can be opened again for tours.  I know many kids who plan for their eighth grade trip to Washington just to see and understand what our history is.  My own Granddaughters have made that trip with their classmates and chaperones all the way from Nevada.  This whole closure is a farce as most of the tours are made with volunteers. I think it’s just a way of making us feel the pain of the Sequester so we can lay the blame on Congress rather than the administration.  I’ll bet even the Secret Service could find a few volunteers to help with security. 

That’s my opinion, what’s yours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is in the Army, I didn't expect her to be on the front lines when I agreed to her going in. I'm sure she would tell you she's happy about it but I'm afraid she will never be the same girl menttally I said goodbye to. She couldn't even be there when her 13 yr old dog had to be put down let alone kill something. I am worried terribly so.
Mom in Colorado

Anonymous said...

I just heard from my friend serving in Afghanistan in the Army. According to him there is little tolerance for any negative talk regarding this subject but among the men there is a lot of apprehension.
JoAnn,
Witchita falls

Welcome to the January 6th

  Welcome to January 6th 2021: With the encouragement of several Antifa plants the January 6th so call incursion into the Capital beca...