COST OF LIBERTY***COMMONSENSE CONCEPTS

Saturday, February 17, 2018

The poisoning of our society


As I hear about terrible things that are happening to our society like the Parkland shooting, Las Vegas and the Church in Southland Texas I find myself puzzled by the lack of what I consider the understanding of people as to the real cause.  I must first say I have been a gun owner all my life.   I’ve hunted the Mountains of Washington State, The Olympic Peninsula and many other areas around Western and Eastern Washington.  I was issued a 45 in the service and carried it on my hip for several years and In all the years of owning a gun I have never felt the need to go out and commit mass murder.  A gun is a tool, when used properly it can feed  you and your family, when used properly it can defend you and your family and when it has been cleaned oiled and put away safe it will do no harm to you and your family.  My consternation comes when I hear what we are teaching our children through their music, games and movies about life.  Music that demeans & condones violence against women, music that calls for death to Police Officers, music that glorifies drugs & getting high and the very disturbing music that attempts to drive a wedge between the races.   The violence in many games and movies create an indifference to death.  It’s easy to kill in a realistic game with the push of a button with no consequences or negative feelings for the act.  It can become second nature to someone who may have a weakened personality disorder.

We complain about the quality of our schools yet we cripple them with politically correct policies that breed weakness in the system.  Many of our teachers are giving up trying to maintain discipline as their hollow threats fall on deaf ears.  I believe the problem began when our society decided parents needed to be friends of our children rather than parents.  The death of our heritage began with the teachings of Dr. Spock the well meaning idiot that told us capitol punishment (Spanking) for our children was cruel and destroyed their Self Esteem.  Now I’m not talking about beating a child to death but I never felt my self esteem damage when I did wrong and was punished with my dad’s razor strop.  Sure it hurt and even may have left a welt on my butt, but I always knew why I was getting it and tried hard not to repeat the same mistake again.  Our personal history or rather personality is really decided in our formative years the very years we are allowing our children to be manipulated by the purveyors of the crap we call entertainment today.    Kids need to learn to interact with others and play outside in the fresh air yet we watch as they sit for hours staring at their phones playing who knows what breathing the same stale air honing their skills at who knows what.  No, these killings are not caused by the AR-15 it’s a form of mind poisoning that leads to this behavior.  A kid out hunting and target shooting with his Mother or Father is not the one to worry about.  The kid who has never learned how to deal with and live in our society because they were allowed to withdraw from healthy activities & interactions with their peers are the ones to watch for.  
Don Lindberg 2018

No comments:

Welcome to the January 6th

  Welcome to January 6th 2021: With the encouragement of several Antifa plants the January 6th so call incursion into the Capital beca...