COST OF LIBERTY***COMMONSENSE CONCEPTS

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day, what's it all about?

Memorial Day is the most intense holiday we have.  I say that because just stop and think what it’s all about.  Young men and women just like the ones you see every day at the mall or on the street laughing and enjoying life have unselfishly given theirs so that we can go on enjoying ours.  Few of you given the choice would be willing to lay down your life just so others you don’t even know can live theirs in freedom?  Having been raised in the forties and fifties I know quite a few who made that ultimate sacrifice, they were just like you, happy go lucky kids they loved life, enjoyed family and most of all they wanted to live just as bad as you do right now.  When I hear the words Memorial Day it sends a chill up my back that so many think it’s just another day to relax and have a beer.  I’m not saying that you should curl up and cry but before you go have that relaxing day and drink a few beers all I ask is that you say a special thank you for those who helped make it possible.  I just wish we could do more just to let them know how much they were appreciated.  Thank goodness we have a God that will do that for us, I know they will always have eternal life by his side.

God bless those who have made the ultimate sacrifice

No comments:

Welcome to the January 6th

  Welcome to January 6th 2021: With the encouragement of several Antifa plants the January 6th so call incursion into the Capital beca...